Friday, April 22, is the last day to register online for the 2016 KYD Convention:
Below are some programming highlights. For a more comprehensive convention schedule please CLICK HERE.
- Kentucky Center for Economic Policy (KCEP) who will present on the impact of Kentucky's budget situation on the every day life of Kentuckians.
- Kentucky Innocence Project (KIP) who will present on KIP's work around the Commonwealth & proposed judicial reforms.
- Plaintiffs from the Kim Davis Case will share their experiences regarding the pursuit for marriage equality.
- Healthcare advocates will speak about the imporatance of saving Kynect.
- Rob Akins with the Bluegrass Central Labor Council will discuss the importance of Labor to young Kentuckians.
- A panel discussion with young elected officials on running for office.
- Kentucky Democratic Party Chair Sannie Overly
- Attorney General Andy Besheaer
- Secreary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes
- House Speaker Greg Stumbo
- House Majority Leader Rocky Adkins
- Senate Minority Leader Ray Jones
- State Senator Robin Webb
- Representative James Kay
- Emerge-KY Executive Director Mandy Helton
Additionally, Saturday afternoon, attendees will tour the Morehead State Space Science Center and enjoy a planetarium and lazer light show (ticket included in registration).
Online registration ($35) ends April 22. Registration at the door is $45. You can find the registration link on our convention page. (Please note: after completing your registration you should receive a confirmation email. If you do not, please email KYD President Clint Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can check to make sure your registration went through.)
The convention hotel, the Morehead Hampton Inn, still has rooms available. This room rate has expried but you can still book your hotel room by calling (606) 780-0601.
The Kentucky Young Democrats are proud to continue its annual tradition of benefiting a local charity where Convention is held. This year, YDs will collect non-perishable canned and boxed items for God's Pantry in Morehead, KY. God's Pantry just recently opened the Morehead distribution center and services Rowan and 9 surrounding counties. You can learn more about the organization at https://www.godspantry.org/. YDs are encouraged to bring their non-perishable items to convention. The Chapter that donates the highest number of items will receive the Golden Donkey Community Service Award and will be recognized on Sunday. For more information contact KYD Vice President Laken Gilbert at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Morehead!