On January 18-19, Kentucky Young Democrats held our annual statewide convention at the Kentucky Democratic Party headquarters in Frankfort. Over 150 members from across the state were in attendance.
The convention kicked-off on Friday night with U.S. Senate candidates Mike Cassaro, Greg Fisher, and Andrew Horne addressing those in attendance. Saturday's speakers included Governor Steve Beshear, Congressman John Yarmuth, State Auditor Crit Luallen, and State Representative Reggie Meeks.
Annual awards were also presented:
- High School Chapter of the Year: Lyon County High School
- College Chapter of the Year: University of Louisville
- Overall Chapter of the Year: Muhlenberg County
- John F. Kennedy Member of the Year: Hillary Bullock (Lexington)
Election of new officers included:
- President: Chad Aull (Lexington)
- VP of Recruitment & Expansion: Jamie Jameson (Independence)
- VP of Programming: Lisa Tanner (Louisville)
- National Committee Woman: Ericka Cannaday (Frankfort)
- National Committee Man: Colmon Elridge (Lexington)
- Secretary: Lauren Ingram (Louisville)
- Treasurer: Eugene Sisco (Pikeville)