Dear Young Democrats,
I am pleased to announce Marion County is the location of the next Kentucky Young Democrats Convention; it will be held March 2-4 in Lebanon. I am so proud of the bids we received to host the convention, and while it was a difficult decision, the Executive Committee believes it will be one of the best conventions KYD has ever seen!
I'm emailing you right now to tell you some important details because I am excited about events and changes surrounding it. Keep an eye out as more information becomes available!
Quick Facts for 2012 KYD Convention:
- Convention will be in Lebanon, KY from March 2-4.
- We are holding our convention in conjunction with the College Democrats of Kentucky so we can plan to work together as much as possible this year.
- KYD and CDKY leadership is hard at work to make this the most affordable and informative convention we've ever had.
- If you would like to file for candidacy or see more information on the positions that will be open this year, please click here. You must file by February 2, 2012.
- If you plan to vote for candidates at the convention, you must be a member of a chartered chapter at convention. To see how to charter, please click here. Chartering packets must be received by February 2, 2012. Please keep in mind that all chapters are now required to re-charter annually. If you don't know if you are a member of a chartered group or would like to start one, please email Brendon Rose at Brendon@KyYoungDems.com to get started.
- Updates will continuously be posted to the 2012 Convention page on the KYD website, and we'll send out emails as we have information to share.
President, Kentucky Young Democrats